Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Finished Product.

The end result of my first time really getting to know how to use Photoshop.
Here is my artist statement:


My poster showcases the classic black and white contrast with the text shaped against the right side of the canvas. I took this photo through the reflection of my compact mirror against the screen of my bedroom window. The collage of words that I chose to put on my poster reveal my passion for documenting every moment in life.

Through my photos and videos capturing the memories I make, I leave behind my legacy and the story of who I am.

Initially, I wanted to create a poster using some of the photos I took in Queens, New York, of graffiti on these buildings that I passed by on the subway. The poster was going to be about a mock graffiti workshop. After much trial and error, the poster ended up looking too busy, with too many components clashing together, much more, the text I wanted to include only added to the graffiti writing that was already in the photos. I also realized that what I wanted to create was very challenging to do because I am not at that particular skill level to produce what I envisioned. I ended up having to scrap that idea and starting from scratch with something brand new.

I decided that keeping it simple was much more effective in producing a great result.
I’ve always loved playing with black and white contrast, especially in photos. My target demographic would be anyone from early teens to older adult. This is the type of poster one could hang as inspiring wall decoration.

For future, I would definitely like to learn better techniques on how to create smoother layering finishes. By layering, I mean the different images and components of the poster. I found that what I was attempting to do looked too choppy and unprofessional. As an end result, I’m pretty satisfied with what I created and I think the poster artistically reflects the poem written.

No comments:

Post a Comment